Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Overnight Chia seed and Oats Breakfast Pudding

This is definitely the easiest and healthiest breakfast and a favourite with my family. By now whoever has read my recipes must be aware that I always like the fast forward kinds where the lazy me is not tortured by being in the kitchen for too long :)

I have really started to enjoy chia seeds filled with goodness!! They are an excellent source of Omega-3 fatty acids, which help to raise HDL(the "good" cholesterol that protects against heart attack and stroke) cholesterol. Chia seeds also are rich in antioxidants, and they provide fibre, iron and calcium.
Indeed they look a little strange specially when they absorb all the liquid and bloat up and enlarge (just like the basil seeds) and sure look funny! :)

Ingredients:
15gm chia seeds
4 tbsp. rolled oats
200ml milk of your choice
2 tbsp. rose syrup
2 tbsp. honey
Fresh strawberries

Method:
The night before place in different jars the chia seeds in about 100 ml of milk along with 1tbsp and oats in the remaining milk with another 1tbsp of honey. Mix well to combine. Leave it in the refrigerator (it's pretty cold here in Sydney so I just left it outside) overnight to thicken.

In the morning I  just layered it up starting with the oats at the bottom and alternating it with chia seeds in a jar or glass. Since my little one is very fond of rose syrup I decided to add two tbsp. into the chia seed layer for her. Added some freshly sliced strawberries and it was ready in no time and the best part is with no effort!!
This delicious breakfast really saves me a lot of time as my busy mornings are always rush rush...



Hope you will enjoy this breakfast as much as I do. Thanks for dropping by and have a great day ahead. Cheers!!

Linking up for more creative blogs at :
Inspire Me Monday

Amaze Me Monday
Monday Madness
Mix it up Monday
Inspiration Monday

Through my Lens
Randomosity
Creative Mondays Hop Blog

My husband has too many hobbies

Our World Tuesday

Two Cup Tuesday
Hearth and Soul
Create Link Inspire
Tuesday Afternoon


What's cooking Wednesday
Wow Me Wednesday
Wonderful Wednesday Hop Blog
Wine'd Down Wednesday
Worthwhile Wednesday's
Show off what you have Created

Wow me Wednesday

Share your Cup

The Homemaking Party
While I am waiting

Create it Thursday

Create and Share
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
Foodie Friends Friday
Creative Inspirations
Artsy Corner Thursday

Full Plate Thursday

Communal Global
Friday Favourite
Sugar and Spice
Weekend Potluck
Flaunt It Friday
Photo Friday
Friday Photo Journal
Saturday Show Off 
Craftastic Mixer
The Creative Collection
My Crafty Spot

Happiness is Homemade

Sharing Saturday




10 comments:

  1. ...Shantana, I must say that this breakfast is quite different than my eggs each morning. Thank you for stopping by my blog, I wish you a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to make these... I love them! Now that the summer's here, I should start making them again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for coming by. Always up to try new things:) Hope I'll get to see some of your art! If you are linking up to all these memes/challenges, you are very welcome to add All Seasons (you can recognize these post with the title - it always starts with "All Seasons") - it's about your experience during your season and the photo link runs from Sunday through Wednesday evening 7pm, Pacific time. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to try this! I still haven't gotten around to trying chia seeds, and I have all the other ingredients. Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Healthy and tasty, and it makes an attractive little jar.
    Thanks for linking up at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2017/06/pretty-view-in-ladies-loo.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'll be trying this when the weather gets warmer. I like porridge in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a fan or rose water so this is up my alley. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Overnight Chia Seed and Oats Breakfast looks amazing! Thanks so much for sharing your post with us at Full Plate Thursday. Have a great weekend and come back to see us real soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds so delicious and so good for you too! Thanks for sharing the recipe with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is healthy and nice looking breakfast.

    ReplyDelete